Interior Window Treatments
Plantation shutters are a great choice for privacy, light diffusion and airflow. Some styles are built for increased energy efficiency.
- Plantation Shutters: Classic style for current homes. Wood or cellular PVC shutters with wide louvers (2.5”, 3.5” or 4.5” options at no additional cost). Fully customizable and made in an array of colors. Louver Shop of Maryland exclusive. Also known as plantation blinds.
- Classic Plantation Shutters: Premium wood and cellular PVC plantation shutters that create a traditional style in any home. Our most popular shutter.
- Heritage Diamond Select™: Solid wood plantation shutters made with top-of-the-line materials. They will set your home apart from the rest.
- LouverWood®: Cellular PVC plantation shutters that insulate three times greater than wood.
- Signature Shutters: Solid wood plantation shutters with an exclusive design only available from Louver Shop of Maryland.
- Traditional Shutters: The “original” interior wood shutter with narrow frames and small louvers (1.25”).
Make your home more comfortable and eye-catching with Hunter Douglas blinds from Louver Shop of Maryland. As rugged as they are good-looking, there’s a window blind for every home. A strong option to filter light and increase privacy.
- Horizontal Blinds: Traditional window treatment available in wood or PVC.
- EverWood®: Moisture-resistant PVC blinds that look like wood.
- Parkland®: Timeless horizontal hardwood blinds.
- Plantation Blinds: Plantation blinds have wider slats, like plantation shutters. Usually made from wood or faux wood.
- Mini Blinds: Horizontal aluminum blinds with long, narrow louvers.
- Vertical Blinds: Individual louvers clipped into a sliding track at the top of the blind.
- Cadence®: Soft vertical blinds with the look of drapes.
- Skyline®: Gliding vertical fabric panels with current style.
- Somner®: Custom vertical blinds in vinyl, fabric or aluminum.
- Vertical Solutions®: Budget-friendly fabric or vinyl vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas shades can diffuse sunlight, decrease heat transfer and block damaging UV rays.
- Honeycomb Shades: Provides excellent energy efficiency. Numerous air pockets give them a honeycomb-like shape and excellent insulating qualities.
- Applause®: Budget-friendly, energy-efficient honeycomb shade with triple-cell construction.
- Duette®: Most energy-efficient honeycomb shade available.
- Pleated Shades: A single piece of fabric that folds into neat pleats when raised.
- Roman Shades: One piece of fabric that hangs flat while closed and stacks when raised.
- Roller and Solar Shades: Simple, budget-friendly shades. Curls around a roller when raised. Some models provide improved insulation and light-filtering capabilities.
- Designer Roller: Roller shade featuring more than 330 fabric choices.
- Designer Screen: Roller shades that bring UV protection and a view.
- Sonnette™: Traditional roller shade with energy-efficient construction.
- Sheer Shades: Provides both light and privacy. Combines vertical or horizontal adjustable vanes floating between backings.
- Nantucket™: Cost-effective sheers that integrate drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Pirouette®: Customizable sheers with excellent light control that integrate drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Silhouette®: Premium sheers with superior light control that integrate drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Luminette®: Combines the style of drapes and floating vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas Operating Systems
Hunter Douglas has a set of motorized and manual operating systems for their blinds and shades. Available systems vary based on the product.
Motorized Operating Systems
- PowerView®: Wireless operating system controlled or scheduled via a remote or mobile device.
- SoftTouch™: Battery-operated system with wand operation.
- Vertical Motorized System: Remote or wall-mount system for vertical blinds.
Manual Operating Systems
- UltraGlide®: Retractable cord or wand hold at a consistent length when raising or lowering blinds.
- LiteRise®: Cordless system works with your movement, pushing up to raise or pulling down to lower.
- Duolite®: Light diffusion and room darkening in one product.
- LightLock™: Provides 100% blackout capability for Duette® Honeycomb Shades.
- Top-Down/Bottom Up: Open your shades from the top, bottom or any point in between.
- Vertiglide™: Cordless operating system for Duette® and Applause® Honeycomb Shades. Available in either manual or motorized.
- SimpleLift™: Contoured bottom rail takes away the need for a handle, making raising and lowering shades convenient.
- Cordless Lifting System: Cord-free spring-assist system to raise and lower large window coverings.
- EasyRise™: Pull on a loop to raise or lower a shade.
- Clutch-Operated Continuous Cord Loop: Continuous loop moves on a pulley, rotating a clutch to raise or lower a shade.
- Custom Clutch: Smooth operating system that creates the smallest gap possible between a shade and a window to remove the most light.
- Standard Cordlock: Locks into place for easy operation and streamlined appearance.
- Combination Wand/Cord Control: Provides single control to traverse or rotate the vanes or louvers.
- Wand Control: Changes looped pull cords with a wand.
- Chain and Cord: Brings smooth operation and excellent light control.
Parts and Features of Shutters, Blinds and Shades
We commonly refer to these parts and features on our window treatment product pages.
- Architella®: Premium option for select Hunter Douglas products. Features superior energy efficiency.
- Cells: Sections that form a honeycomb shade.
- ClearView™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component that expands the outdoor view for select window treatments.
- de-Light™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for blinds that hides cord holes and diminishes light leakage.
- End Retention System: Proprietary Louver Shop feature on hurricane shutters that removes the need for storm bars.
- IllumiCell™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas light-diffusing feature for Duette® Architella® Honeycomb Shades.
- Invisi-Lift™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component for shades that floats horizontal vanes on a sheer backing.
- Louver: Wide horizontal panels in a plantation shutter.
- MagnaView®: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for select horizontal blinds that almost doubles the view.
- Polymer: Also known as faux or fake wood. Ideal for rooms with high moisture.
- PerfectView: Louver Shop of Maryland offers a modern operating system for our shutters that hides the traditional tilt bar from sight. This provides smooth operation and enhanced view through the shutter.
- Slat: Individual strips that compose a horizontal blind.
- SofTrak™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for vertical blinds ensuring easy, quiet operation.
- Tilt Rod: Used on shutters to open or close louvers.
- Trielle™: Proprietary option for Hunter Douglas Duette Architella Honeycomb Shades that increases energy efficiency.
- Vane: Hanging panels in a vertical blind.